Thursday, September 17, 2009

Who knew there were so many hours in a week

With all that has been going on around here lately I feel like I'm working multiple jobs. I guess in reality I really am. I'm working for my "real" job as well as for Lincoln's company and there is a LOT going on there lately. On top of everything else I'm chairing the Family Fun Night for the PTO this fall (something I signed up for last spring). By the time I get to Wednesday each week I feel like I've put in so many hours that it must surely be Friday. Then I look at the calendar and reality hits. It's insane. Hopefully things will even out soon.

The good news is that we're making sure to take some time out for us to relax and not stress too much so that we don't get too overwhelmed. Lincoln and I end each evening sitting down on the couch with each other, grab a beer, and watch an episode or two of our new favorite show, The Big Bang Theory. It is a show we've never watched before but with the third season about to premiere this month we decided to watch Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. It's not often we have the same interest in television shows so it is nice we've found something we can watch together. And I realize that many people would probably say that sitting together on the couch and watching the TV isn't really bonding with each other but it's a nice way to dial down the day, veg out, and just unwind without the kids or the company or life weighing down on us.

No comments: