Monday, September 21, 2009

Pool update

The hole in the pool liner has been repaired. It's holding for now but I guess we'll have to see how it works once winter sets in and then spring thaws everything out.

I climbed into the pool - which was at 55 very tropical degrees - wearing my version of a wet suit. I was wearing heavy sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt. It wasn't so bad on the legs once I got in but the times I had to go under with the goggles and the snorkel while fixing it were a little overwhelming. The first few seconds after I would go under my brain would freeze. Luckily it was a quick repair job and I was able to get out after only a few minutes. I probably wasn't in there for more than 5 or 10 minutes. I had also prepared a hot bath before heading outside so I immediately went in and climbed into that. Between that and the heated towel bar that my husband had installed last winter I quickly forgave him for taking down the tent earlier.

As of this morning the patch is still holding and the pool is not leaking but we're keeping our fingers crossed. I'd hate to build this beautiful new pool deck and not have a pool in the center of it.

No comments: