Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Unexpected bird watching

Today I got a chance to do a little unexpected bird watching when this hawk flew into my office window at full speed. He scared the living daylights out of me as I was talking on the phone. I dropped the phone and screamed which was actually pretty hilarious.

After he hit the window he laid there with his wings out and I thought he was dead at first. Then he popped up and sat on the ground for awhile. After a co-worker tried to open the window he ducked under the fence next door but instead of leaving he then hopped up and sat on the fence outside my window and just sat there looking at the building and starring at me like "What the hell just happened? How do I get in there too?" He finally flew up into a tree outside my window and just finally flew off an hour and a half later.

After studying the body print that he left on my window I realized that I had seen it somewhere before. I went upstairs to Reception where an even clearer bird print could be found on the window. Obviously this bird is determined to get in our office one way or another and he hasn't learned his lesson yet.

5 comments:

Lincoln Blogs said...

He must have heard there were squirrels, and possibly some bugs, living there.

Unknown said...

Very funny Lincoln! I enjoyed your comment even more than the story!

Diane Lentz Snow said...

I have had some fun wild life in my office over the years haven't I? If you call a squirrel trapped in an office and a bed bug found at someone's desk fun.

Jennifer said...

EWW!!! There are BED BUGS in the office?!?!?! I remember the squirrel, that was hilarious, lol

Diane Lentz Snow said...

Bed BUG. No "s". Just one lone bug. Luckily we never found another one.