Sunday, September 27, 2009

In the spirit of Shel Silverstein

Hannah loves the Shel Silverstein books. She reads The Light in the Attic and Where the Sidewalk Ends constantly which I find really cute since I loved those books when I was a kid.

Last week at Open House she had a poem on her desk that she had written for a school assignment. It cracked me up because with a little tweaking it could totally pass as a Shel Silverstein poem.

I Can't Do My Homework
by: Hannah Snow

Oh no!
My rabid cat tore it!
Spelling flew out the window!
Math got eaten by a dog
I fell asleep during Social Studies
Had to take the dog for a walk
Can't do it now, I've got to eat breakfast
My brother just hid it!
Oh and now it's torn
I can't do my homework

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

wow, I'm kind of blown away by how incredibly good that poem is! She has so much creative talent