Thursday, September 10, 2009

Obviously our sock budget has been funneled to my chapstick budget

Hannah: Geez Jake, I think you need some new socks.

Me: Wow! Yeah, I think so.

Link: Hey! They were the only ones I could find clean this morning. And I think those are hand me downs from Hannah.

Obviously these socks have seen way, way, WAY better days, and how they escaped Grandma Dena's notice is anyone's guess, and they will be thrown away this evening.

Unfortunately we won't be able to buy any replacement socks since we've spent all of our money on Chapstick. Anyone who knows me knows that I am addicted to Chapstick. Addicted. Addicted with a capital A. A-D-D-I-C-T-E-D. I usually have them scattered everywhere. There is usually one in my purse, one in the kitchen, one in my car, one on my work desk, one on my home desk, one in my coat, one on the bedside table, one in my pocket....you get the idea. Anyway, somehow they've all migrated to my desk at home. Let's hope I don't get chapped lips anywhere else.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, in my defense, I didn't clean out Jake's dresser on the last visit - just Hannah's - AND since I kept up on the kids' laundry that week we didn't get down to the last socks! Next time I'll try to do better. . .sorry Jake!