Friday, November 21, 2008

"Toddler in Tantrum" artwork

Jake hates arts and crafts. Anything having to do with drawing, painting, glitter, glue, etc. will send him over the edge. Apparently they were doing an "All About Me" unit at his school and they had each kid lie down on a piece of paper to be traced. The cut-outs were then put on the wall as decoration. One day I saw all the cut-outs on the wall and noticed that Jake's wasn't there. I asked the teacher about it and she laughed and pointed out this one on a different wall above the classroom sink (currently shown on our kitchen floor):

Apparently when they asked Jake to lie down on the paper and be traced with a marker he freaked out and contorted himself into one of those classic 3-year old tantrum positions where he folds his legs, puts his butt between his feet, and throws himself backwards with his arms flailing above his head. The teachers, who are used to anti-arts and crafts antics, just quickly traced around him and then helped him up.

2 comments:

Scott said...

LOL. OMG Diane. I think you have a little comedian on your hands. I love it!

Jennifer said...

That is just classic Jake, I love it! I didn't even have to read the entry just look at the picture and I figured out what happened, SO FUNNY!