Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Super Bowl, Academy Awards, and Olympics all rolled into one

Back in the day before dual-tuner tivos, picture in a picture televisions....and to be honest, before we had a TV with a remote control that allowed changing back and forth between channels....I seem to remember my father stacking two TVs on top of each other to watch multiple football games on a same day.

Tonight is my night. Lincoln is bringing down one of the upstairs TVs and hooking it up for me next to our living room TV. That way, between the two TVs and the dual-tuner on the tivo I can watch 3 stations at the same time. I'm thinking CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News (gotta keep an eye on the competition after all).

In a nod towards foreign policy we're having enchiladas for dinner tonight but in light of the patriotic activity being performed today I will be drinking a nice domestic chardonnay while watching election coverage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your father did have two TV's stacked on top of each other for the elections, even with remotes and DVR's! Some things never change.