Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hannah's Mock Election

Some of you have asked me how Hannah's mock election went on Monday. Apparently John McCain carried Memorial School by 8 votes. That actually surprised me since Massachusetts is such a liberal state so I decided to do a little county-by-county review of how the grown-ups voted yesterday (as opposed to the children). While McCain didn't carry a single one of the counties in Massachusetts it does seem he fared better in Worcester County (the center of the state),which is where we are, than in any other county other than Plymouth and Barnstable (the South Shore and the Cape). In multiple Massachusetts counties Obama won with 70% or more of the vote but in Worcester County it was 56% to 42%. Plymouth and Barnstable Counties were both 53% to 46%. Obama's biggest victories were Suffolk County (Boston) at 78% to 21% as well as Berkshire County (sharing the border with upstate New York) and Dukes County (Martha's Vineyard) which both showed 75% vs. 23%.

And now 100% of my brain hurts from all those percentages. I never did like math.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post...we're on the Vineyard so I LOVE those stats...we can't compete with 95% in DC though! My best friend works on the Hill and when I remarked at the number, she said, I just can't imagine who the 5% are. Classic.

Scott said...

Whew, yes that was a lot of math! LOL.