Sunday, November 30, 2008

In light of the recent political season

Years ago, when the kids were too young for real ornaments and tinsel on the tree, we started the tradition of stringing popcorn and hanging it on the tree. We still do it but I've learned my lesson over the years. Lincoln and the kids hang the ornaments while I string the popcorn. The first year I strung enough popcorn to go around the tree dozens of times. It took me about 6 hours and countless bowls of popcorn. Then Lincoln got smarter and only strung the popcorn chains on the front of the tree. I mean, who cares about the back....you can't see it anyway. Then we got even smarter and started spacing the strands out a little more from top to bottom. This year I really didn't want to spend hours stringing popcorn on the tree so when I gave Lincon the first few chains I told him to "string them liberally".

He put the first two on the tree and the following conversation took place:

Me: Liberally. I really don't want to be stringing popcorn for hours tonight. You need to really space them out. Waayyy more liberally.

Lincoln: I'm never liberal enough for you.

No comments: