Sunday, November 9, 2008

Such a proud moment

Ever since Hannah was born I've been brainwashing both children into thinking they should attend the same college that I went to - Gustavus Adolphus College. They've been given t-shirts and bibs throughout their childhood and I still wear t-shirts, sweatpants, and sweatshirts with Gustavus all over them. So does Lincoln.

Last Friday Hannah brought home a new weekly journal that they're doing in class. The students have to write a journal entry on Friday about things they did that week and then someone from home has to write a note back to them in the journal to be returned on Monday.

This was Hannah's entry from last week. I have not corrected her punctuation or her spelling so you can see why she was told on her report card that she needs to work on self-editing for punctuation. This is exactly how she wrote it:

11/7/08 Dear family
I had a busy week
in gym this week we played
Hector the protetor. Today i had
mystery reader it was mr. evans.
I am proud of who I voted
for. My faveorite activaty was
being with my freinds.
How was collage in gustavus?
from Hannah

I am so proud of her! Even though she obviously didn't go back and check her punctuation or her spelling (she knows how to spell a lot of those words that she messed up on) but she spelled Gustavus right on the first try (despite using a lowercase g).

The brainwashing is obviously working.

No comments: