Saturday, November 22, 2008

Yes...I can't spell

Tonight Jake and Hannah and I are having a slumber party in the living room. The three of us blow up the queen size air mattress and then we camp out and watch a movie. The big deal is that they get to sleep with Mommy. It used to be that Hannah and I would be on the bed and Jake would sleep on a twin sized kid's mattress on the floor but he always ended up in bed with us. I decided that this time we would all start out on the bed. Lincoln was insisting on bringing Jake's giraffe tent down for him to sleep in.

Me: Why are you going to lug that down? He's not going to sleep in it anyway.

Lincoln: I just can't see how you guys are all going to fit in that bed.

Me: We've done it before. Besides, my plan for tonight is to wait until they fall asleep and then move to the c-o-u-g-h.

Lincoln: The cough?

Me: Did I say g-h? C-h. I meant c-h. .... So I can't spell...so says the guy that gets to sleep in the king sized bed all alone tonight.

Lincoln: Hey, I was invited to sleep on the c-o-u-g-h.

What a smartass. But he is right. Earlier tonight we did invite him to join the sleepover on the c-o-u-C-H. He chose not to join us which is probably a smart choice since these sleepovers usually end up with me not sleeping at all and going up to take a nap once Lincoln wakes up and comes downstairs to relieve me.

No comments: