Friday, October 23, 2009

Making an impression

When Hannah cut her hair into its most recent style it was pretty much by accident. We needed to clean up a cut that wasn't done properly when she was traveling this summer and in order to do so we had to make it much shorter than I ever would have done by my choosing. The funny thing is, she gets such rave reviews for it. She loves it. I love it. It looks great.

What cracks me up though is that parents who I know only through brief interactions at PTO meetings or school drop-offs come up to me and tell me how much they like Hannah's hair - even when she isn't with me! Today I dropped Hannah off at school and as I was walking out I ran into a mother that I haven't talked to since Hannah and her son were in kindergarten together and she stopped me to say "I really love Hannah's haircut."

On one hand I feel like such a fraud because it wasn't like I was smart enough - or fashionable enough - to come up with that style on my own and on the other hand I'm just so incredibly proud of how adorable Hannah is with that haircut.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I think she's totally one upped the "Suri Cut"