Friday, October 2, 2009

Like mother, like son (and vice versa)

Both of my children are incredibly unique and yet Hannah definitely has more of her father's personality and Jake has more of mine. And while I absolutely love that about him it's not always a good thing since he definitely has my temper and my stubbornness.

But this post isn't about how much Jake is like me but about how much I am like him. Jake loves to rub people's ears. I know that sounds weird but it seems to be very relaxing for him. He rubs them when he's tired or sad or hurt or scared. He loves Grandpa Snow's and Daddy's the best but he'll climb up into my lap and ask for mine if he's really feeling blue.

Yesterday Lincoln and I had our latest meeting with Casey, our financial planner. This was the meeting where he came back to us after crunching all of the numbers and figuring out our net worth, our monthly budget (and shortfall), and how much we have in the way of college planning and retirement. Overall the news was pretty good. We obviously have a ways to go but it definitely wasn't as bad as I feared it would be.

As we were sitting in the meeting - and he kept revealing information to us on this large screen - I found myself sitting there rubbing my ear exactly the way Jake does when he's worried.

I have to admit, it was very relaxing.

Like son, like mother apparently.

No comments: