Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's not lazy if it's educational for the kids

This morning I needed to sort out a few hundred yearbook waivers to be alphabetized. I printed out the letters of the alphabet and laid them out in a circle around the room. As I was sorting them out the kids of course decided it looked like fun. (On a side note, when do projects like that stop being a game and become a chore?)
Hannah could do it on her own but I would have to hand one to Jake and tell him what letter to file it under. He would then walk around reciting the alphabet to himself until he found the right pile. It was actually pretty educational since he's still learning his letters. I, of course, decided to stop and take pictures while they went to town. After all, why should I walk around and around in circles bending down and standing back up over and over again when they want to do it? It's not laziness....it was educational.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very educational, and this way if you find a mistake you can blame them!