Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What a day!

Today was one of those days. You know, the kind where you head into work with a list of all the things you want to get accomplished and you're all fired up and ready to jump right in and plow through everything but then, wait, hold up, all hell breaks lose? Today was one of those days.

This morning on my way into the office I had an entire mental list of what I was going to get done and in what order. And then, shortly after my arrival, I get an email that says: Can you come up and meet with me at 11 a.m.?

So, how many of those things on my mental list got done today?

Zero. Zip. Nada. Nothing. Not one.

And yet I had such a busy day I had to throw myself on the mercy of my runner to bring me lunch because I couldn't leave my desk. I even had to forward my calls to my cell phone every time I walked to the copier so that I wouldn't miss all the calls coming in to my desk.

It was just one of those days. Here's hoping tomorrow is better.

No comments: