Tuesday, October 13, 2009

California Protection of Marriage Act

Okay, this is pretty funny. Not so much the message itself but the fact that I could see this actually becoming an accidental law. How often have you gone into a voting booth and not completely understood what you were voting for? I think a number of people who voted "No" on Prop 8 probably thought that by voting "Yes" they were actually supporting gay marriage. It's just in the wording. This PSA is on the internet and I guess some guy is trying to get the signatures necessary to put the Protection of Marriage Act on the California ballot. Given the outcry over Prop 8 I could totally see a bunch of idiots voting for this law without reading the fine print. So what is the Protection of Marriage Act? It outlaws divorce, of course.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

wait, is that legit? Though I have faith, that if the gold diggers are smart enough to find a way around a prenup, they'll figure out a way around that, lol