Thursday, January 7, 2010

What was I saying?

Lincoln always complains that I never finish my sentences. He certainly has a point considering I just walked up behind him and said "Oh no.....We didn't.......ah, screw it." and walked away. That's pretty typical for us around here. That and things like "You know what is really important? We need to make sure we........" before I go walking away. I do it to him all the time.

On the flip side, my co-worker Kegan (a.k.a. my little brother), will never let me finish a sentence. Instead of being patient like Lincoln and letting me think through what I'm trying to say he just jumps in and fills in the blank.

My random thoughts with no end really got to Lincoln one day and as we were sitting at lunch and I trailed off for the umpteenth time he just sighed and said "I sure wish Kegan was here."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you do inherit that trait from your dad! I'm sorry to tell you (and Lincoln) but it only gets worse as you get older. I've actually stopped waiting for Dad to finish his sentences and just go on about my business. (That might be why he says he told me things that he actually hasn't told me.)