Friday, January 1, 2010

This is not how I planned on spending the first day of 2010

At 2 a.m. this morning I got a call from the fire alarm company the monitors my office. Apparently the alarm had gone off and when the fire department responded they could see water pouring through the ceiling into the lower floors. I was on the phone with the on-site responders until 5:00 a.m. and then up at 8:00 a.m. for a long day at the office meeting with plumbers, cleaners, adjusters, etc. A 40-gallon hot water tank on the 3rd floor died of old age and decided to go out in spectacular fashion. It flooded the 2nd and 1st floors below it creating a GREAT amount of damage. I guess the office is going to be getting an unscheduled remodel.

These photos are chronologically backwards but to be honest I don't feel like fixing them. I am way too tired. Please start at the bottom.



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh. My. God. You poor thing! That building just needs to be torn down at this point in time. Will you be able to open back up on Monday?

Diane Lentz Snow said...

We'll be open. It will just be chaos.