Thursday, January 21, 2010

A long day of travel

Well, we made it to Albuquerque. It has been a long day but the kids did great. We flew from Boston to Dallas and then into Albuquerque. What was different than our usual travels is that we 1) didn't fly during the night time or very early in the morning so it wasn't really prime nap time for the kids and 2) we didn't fly JetBlue so there weren't TVs for the kids to watch. But the kids did awesome. They really are excellent little travelers.

Due to our new found discovery that Jake gets motion sickness if we travel too early in the morning when he hasn't had enough to eat, we decided to take a 1:30 p.m. flight out of Boston. I was smart enough to pack the DVD players but not smart enough to charge them beforehand so Hannah got to watch about 1/2 of a movie and Jake just played Nintendo DS for most of the time. Luckily we brought all the chargers with us so we can charge them up at the hotel. Hannah also had her iPod so she listened to music and played games on that.

We're here in New Mexico for my cousin Rachel's bat mitzvah. I'm really excited to be here as I missed her older sister's bat mitzvah when I was heavily pregnant with Jake. A good chunk of the Lentz side of the family will be in town this weekend and it's a nice little mini-family reunion. The last few times I've been back to large Lentz family events have been for funerals and I haven't had Lincoln and the kids with me so it's nice that we can all be here for a happy occasion. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of my aunts and uncles and a number of my cousin's and their kids.

More from Albuquerque later....

No comments: