Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Such a wonderful little girl

One of the things I love best about Hannah - and trust me, there is a lot to love - is how sweet and kind she is to the other kids.

Last night we were driving home and it was just the two of us in the car. We were talking about her day and what she had learned in Science and how her book report was coming along. Then we started talking about recess and who she had played with that day. She told me the name of a boy whose name I don't usually hear from her. I asked what they played and how it came about that she was playing with him. Her response was that she saw the other boys kick him out of their game and he was all by himself so she invited him to come play with her. A few of the other girls came over to play but then wandered off to do something else and she stayed and played with him until recess was over.

Ever since she started kindergarten she has come home with stories like this one. She doesn't make a point of telling us about them, and I'm sure there are a lot more examples of her kindness that we never hear about, but every now and then when we ask about her day she'll toss out a story about so-and-so having their feelings hurt or so-and-so being left alone and how she played with them or invited them to join her in some activity. I also think it's cute that her current "best friend" is the new girl in school.

She is such a sweetheart. I really love that about her.

No comments: