Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Iowa Touch

My aunt Bonnie - better known as Sister Bonnie - is celebrating her Golden Jubilee (50 years as a nun) this June. Mom and Dad sent out the party information yesterday which included the hotel room stuff. I called the hotel this morning to book one of the rooms from the block and had a nice chat with the guy at the hotel. While I was doing all of this Lincoln was in the next room with the kids.

Me: Okay, I got the hotel room reserved for Iowa.

Link: You're already booking our Iowa trip for next summer?

Me: No, this is just for Sister Bonnie's jubilee weekend in June. I wanted to make sure we got a room in the hotel block.

Link: It sounded like you were talking to a friend in there.

Me: Well, it is a hotel in small town Iowa. Same thing.

No comments: