Friday, January 29, 2010

Just once I would like people to agree on something

For the past four weeks I've been dealing with the damage caused by the flood in our office on New Year's Eve. Everything is starting to come together now but we're still finalizing selections for certain services to be contracted such as for the new HVAC system, the electrical upgrades, and the plumbing upgrades. For each service I need to obtain three quotes for review before my boss will make a selection.

Here's the problem. Every person has a different opinion. If I call out three plumbers one will say "You should do Option A." The next plumber will say "Option A will never work but you should do Option B." And then Plumber #3 comes out and says "Well Option A might work if you want a really crappy system but Option B definitely won't work so you should go with Option C."

Thanks guys. That's not really helping.

No comments: