Sunday, January 10, 2010

I really want to resume our regularly scheduled programming

My life is chaotic right now. Chaotic is different than busy. We're always busy. Chaotic is when I don't have two minutes to sit down and get organized. And when I'm not organized life can really suck.

Today was the first day that I haven't had to go to work since New Year's Eve when the office flooded. And not only have I been at work every day I've been there early and left late many of those days. At night I dream about the office. I toss and turn and worry about the contractors and what I have to get done. I'm exhausted. Which means I'm not focusing as much as I should on stuff at the house. The mail is piling up on my desk. Nothing is organized. I can't even focus long enough to make a "to do" list. The only good thing that has happened this week is that Lincoln and I actually did make it out for a date night last night.

It has even taken me an obscenely long time just to write this post because I can't get my thoughts together. I've been attempting a third paragraph for the last 15 minutes and I can't even figure out what I want to write about. I'm giving up. I'm going to bed and hoping that I don't dream of water and contractors and employees that make me want to pull my hair out.

I just can't wait for life to get back to normal. I need normal. I want normal. I crave normal.

No comments: