Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Very Lentz Thanksgiving

Even though I make the same dishes every year for Thanksgiving I still call my Mom the night before and ask her questions on how to make them. And they're usually the same questions each year so really, at this point, I know the answers but it's part of the tradition.

Me: Hey there. How's it going?

Mom: Good. Dad just finished making the Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes.

Me: Oh good. That answers my question then. I was going to ask if I should make those the night before.

Mom: And now he's crushing pretzels.

Me: For the raspberry jello salad? That's next on my list.

As Lincoln said afterwards, we're obviously having a "Very Lentz Thanksgiving" since we all cook the same dishes. I can pretty much guarantee you that they're having Butterfinger Dessert today too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No, we're not having Butterfinger Dessert. We are having pumpkin pie and pecan pie - but you're right about all the rest!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Diane Lentz Snow said...

WHAT? No Butterfinger Dessert? Why are you ruining Thanksgiving!!!??? LOL. I'm glad I'm here then and not there.

Unknown said...

To me the message is loud and clear that learning is not the focus or primary objective for our public education system nor the many government regulated programs surrounding it like “No Child Left Behind Act.” No wonder we’re behind on the learning curve. And if we think our kids aren’t smart enough to figure this out then we’re in even bigger trouble.true religion mens jeans