Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Vacation style

Shower and wash hair: check

Blow-dry and style hair: check

Carefully applied make-up: check

Put on clothes other than yoga pants and a big warm sweatshirt: negative.

Hey, you can't win them all, right? Last year during my 2 weeks of holiday break I think I put on "real clothes" twice. The only time this holiday break that I've hit all four of the check points above was for Nate's memorial service. Even on Christmas day I didn't hit them all. More often than not my hair ends up in a wet ponytail and I go without make-up because not only is it a hassle to put on, it's a hassle to get back off again at the end of the day.

My holiday break hasn't been quite as productive as last year when we re-arranged all the rooms of the house, bought and installed new furniture and TVs, and painted the bathroom but I'm finally starting to begin on my projects for this year's holiday break. My two big goals are to clean out and organize our bedroom closet and the linen closet and cabinets in our bathroom. They're all disasters and badly need to be organized. I started on our closet this morning and it's funny to be digging out stuff from when I was pregnant with Jake. Like I said, it's badly in need of an organizing.

Today is also the day that I have to take Leopold to the vet so we've got to venture out into the real world today. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought this day would never come! I am probably more excited than anyone to hear that you are cleaning out your bedroom closet AND the bathroom closets and cupboards! That would be such a huge accomplishment!! As you've mentioned in many of your blogs, I do quite a bit of cleaning and reorganizing when I'm at your house, but I never touch those areas - and they need it so bad! I wish I was there now!!! How fun would that be!! Just remember if you haven't used it in the last year THROW IT AWAY! Good luck! (Have you ordered the dumpster yet?) - love you guys!

Diane Lentz Snow said...

Feel free to share your excitement for our re-organization in the form of a check or money order. We just got back from Home Depot where we bought some new shelves and drawers and man oh man they cost a lot!