Sunday, December 13, 2009

Believe it or not we're still here

I would like to say that it has been quiet on the blog because I'm planning some sort of big surprise that I can't talk about but that's not true. It has been quiet because I've been so dang busy lately. Whenever I'm home and sit down at my desk I have so many other things to do that I can't justify sitting down to write on the blog. Add that to the fact that I haven't had much to say other than how busy I've been and you've got yourself a pretty boring and not very updated blog.
But all that is about to change. I have a bunch of things to catch up everyone up on and luckily I found my card reader for my camera so I can put up a bunch of pictures.

Jake's birthday party with his friends was last Sunday. He wanted to do it at the local soccer "bubble" and there were 8 kids there including Hannah and Jake. The kids got to play soccer for 45 minutes and then play in the "Fun Zone" for 45 minutes before having cake and ice cream and opening presents. On Tuesday night, his actual birthday, we had Lincoln's family over for dinner and of course my parents were also still in town. Jake scored some great loot. His godparents, Rachel and Kevin, got him a dinosaur DVD. This is no kids DVD either. It's a very realistic depiction of dinosaurs with some blood and guts and gore. Rachel was a little afraid it would be too much for Jake since he's afraid of everything but he LOVES it. He and Hannah have watched it over and over again which usually involves him squealing in delight and Hannah covering her eyes. My sister Debbie got him a great toy ship that she sent him from Seattle. He loves it and we enjoy stepping on all the little pieces that come with it. Oh wait... The first part of that sentence is true but definitely not the second part. Of course the important part is that he loves it....and understands that any pieces left on the floor in the "grown-up room" go into the trash at sunset. He's pretty good about getting them back into the kids' playroom.
While Mom and Dad were visiting we also had our first big snow of the year. We probably got around 4-6 inches. Hannah wanted to go out and play in the snow right away so of course we sent her out with the snow scraper and put her to work. I looked out the window to check on her and discovered her on top of her daddy's pick-up truck. Probably not her smartest idea but she got back down safely and we sent Grandpa out to help her.

No comments: