Sunday, December 27, 2009

From baby to boy

I am utterly in love with my son these days. I've loved him since his birth, obviously, but something about him these days is just so incredibly endearing. It's like a switch was flipped on his 5th birthday and he went from being a baby to a little boy. His mannerisms are different. His communication skills are different. His attitude is different. He's just different. And so freaking adorable.

I remember going through this with Hannah to a degree but when she turned 5 we had a 2 year old at home that was distracting us with his craziness. It may have been a more subtle change or it may just not have been noticed as much by two distracted parents.

Hannah has also grown up a lot lately. She's incredibly responsible and helpful around the house. She's sweet and kind and caring and is so good with Jake and Leopold. She is definitely turning into a little lady and it saddens me that before long she'll be a teenager that doesn't want to hang out with her Mom anymore.

My little babies are growing up.

No comments: