Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I've created a monster...a little me

A few weeks ago I let the kids each take a bath in my bathroom. What this means is they got the deeper tub, the TV, the heated towel bar, and the fire place in the bedroom to sit in front of when they get out. Since then I don't think either of them have taken a bath in the kids' bathroom. Jake, who you used to have to tie down to take a bath, now wants to take a bath every night.

Tonight was my last day at the office until January 4th. I got home late because I was finishing some stuff up at the office and when I walked in the door no one was around. They were all upstairs because Jake was taking a bath. His nightly ritual is now to take a bath, get out, put on his new robe that Grandma Dena gave him for his birthday, and sit in front of the fireplace. Starting next week it looks like he'll be able to do that with Sebastian curled up at his side. We haven't finalized everything yet but it looks like we're going to adopt him next week. He's been staying with a lovely family in Kansas and will have to fly here from Kansas City on Monday. I'm sure I'll have lots of video and photos to post when that happens.

And now I am officially on break for the next two and a half weeks. I can't wait. I have a bunch to do and I'm excited to get started.

No comments: