Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Angel vs. Demon

In general, Hannah is very well-behaved.

In general, Jake can be quite the little troublemaker.

This usually means that if the two of them get into a fight 90% of the time it is because Jake has done something to Hannah. Is she always innocent? Certainly not. But she does get away with a lot more because overall she's a pretty good kid.

I think she's starting to take serious advantage of it though. "Mr. Claus" had the brilliant idea of giving Jake the new Mario game for the Wii this Christmas. If you're not familiar with the game it allows up to 4 players to play at the same time on the same screen. That means you have to work together to get through the level. You have to adjust your speed, protect your fellow players, and work together to accomplish certain goals. In other words, not an ideal game to have siblings play together. There is a lot more fighting in the house these days.

The conversation below is just a brief recap of what I've been listening to for the last half hour and how I came to the realization that Hannah has a little bit of the devil in her too.

Jake: Hannah popped my bubble and killed me! She did it on purpose!

Hannah: No I didn't. It was an accident.

(a little while later)

Jake: Hannah!

Hannah (innocently): What?

Jake: Mom! Hannah just threw me into a puffer fish and killed me again.

Hannah (even more innocently, if possible): I didn't mean to. It just happened.

Okay, I can see her accidentally popping his bubble - which sometimes is hard to control -but who accidentally throws someone into a puffer fish? She's definitely out to get him, the little troublemaker.

No comments: