Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Vegas, baby, Vegas!

Okay, so it's actually Needles, California but we're flying in and out of Las Vegas. That counts right?

Today I booked our flight out to visit Mom and Dad in Needles, CA again this year. We weren't planning on going this year but since it was going to be such a long stretch between currently scheduled visits - and because I stumbled upon great airfare - I went ahead and booked our trip this morning.

This year we'll be heading out in the middle of April instead of the end of February/early March so hopefully it will be nice and hot out there. Last year it wasn't too bad but by April we're going to want a really nice, hot, sunny vacation.

Obviously enough time has lapsed since our trip to Albuquerque a few weeks ago that I'm willing to get back on a plane with my kids. I must admit, 99.99999999999999% of the time my children are fantastic travelers but our return from New Mexico at the end of last month made me rethink my desire to travel with children. I suppose they were actually still better than most children travelers but it was just a long, tiring, frustrating day flying back from New Mexico.

I'm very excited about going to California in March and I must admit it picked me up out of my doldrums a little bit today. It has been a long few weeks and it's great to have another exciting trip to look forward to. I'm always happiest when I'm planning a trip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry, but your "March" trip to California isn't until April!
We are very excited that you're coming too!!!!!

Diane Lentz Snow said...

You're right! That's pretty funny. I guess I just want it to come sooner.