Monday, February 22, 2010

A sick kid

It seems like everyone that we know has been suffering from a horrible stomach bug lately. At least three of Hannah's friends have had it and my friend Tracy, her husband, AND her nine year old son have all had it in the past week. Well, I guess it's our turn. Jake woke up throwing up this morning. At about 5 a.m. I heard him call out and so I went into his room. He said his tummy hurt and that he had swallowed bath water last night. He didn't have a fever but I wasn't taking any chances so I got him a bucket and put it next to his bed. After only a few minutes of being back in my bed I heard the unmistakable sound of a kid vomiting. Luckily he made it into the bucket so it made for easy clean-up.

There is never a good time for the kids to be sick but this week is definitely not a good time. Hannah was on winter break from school all last week so I hope she doesn't get it and have to be out for another week. Lincoln is flying back from Virginia this morning but has to go right to a job site so that means I'll be staying home with Jake. Unfortunately my boss was on vacation all last week as well and today is his first day back so it's not a good day for me to be out either. On top of that the main part of the re-construction is supposed to start this week and I should be meeting with the contractors today before I have to be out for a seminar/conference tomorrow.

But, as always, we'll muddle through and figure it out. That's what we do best.

No comments: