Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My little travelers

Jake and Hannah continue to amaze me with how well they travel.

This past weekend the kids and I flew to Cedar Rapids, Iowa to attend my aunt's Golden Jubilee (50 years as a nun). We had a big party on Saturday night for Sister Bonnie and a majority of the family was able to make it back for either the dinner on Saturday and/or the Mass on Sunday.

The kids and I left very early Friday morning on a 6 a.m. flight out of Boston. I was worried about Jake's tendency to throw up when we travel before noon. This time I was prepared though and made him eat ginger snap cookies on the way to the airport, take Dramamine when we got there, and then wear Sea Band bracelets while we were on the flight. I don't know which one worked the best but he didn't throw up and for that I was very grateful.

We got back Sunday night and now we have a quick turn around time for laundry, grocery shopping, etc. before we turn around and head out for our annual trip to Martha's Vineyard. It's a busy month. I think we're going to need a vacation from our vacations!

No comments: