Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Knee high by the 4th of July

If there is one thing I've heard a million times growing up in Iowa it's that the corn should be "knee high by the 4th of July". Of course, Jake's corn that he planted the other day is a little behind since, well, we didn't plant it when we should have.

This morning I went out to check Jake's garden and there was one lone sprout coming up out of the ground. I was surprised he even had that since it has only been 2 days. It's in the general area of where he planted the corn so I'm guessing that's what it is. (Did I mention I let the 5-year old lay out the garden anyway he wanted? There is no rhyme or reason to it and certainly no rows.)

Today is June 1st. We'll definitely hit Jake's knees before the 4th of July. Maybe even Hannah's knees. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: