Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'll admit it, she made me laugh

As I've previously reported on here, I am very annoyed with Hannah's school lately for all the errors they send home. There was the technology newsletter with the seven typos and grammatical errors. There was the report card with the word "beginning" spelled wrong under the Writing category. There was the spelling test returned with a word spelled correctly but marked wrong and an incorrect spelling written in by the teacher. It's embarrassing. Additionally, I've also written about how unhappy I am with the new school principal this year.

Today Lincoln and I stopped by the school to view Hannah's Scrapbook Project. There is a presentation tomorrow but the kids and I will be on our way to Iowa so Link and I were able to go in a day early to look at Hannah's stuff. Today is also the day that the 2nd grade class does their Ellis Island Experience where they pretend like they're arriving at Ellis Island as an immigrant. It's actually a pretty neat thing that they do with the kids.

As Lincoln and I headed toward the main staircase at the school I noticed they had all the decorations up for the Ellis Island Experience. I also noticed that the sign above that same staircase (where they would be entering as immigrants) said "Stairsways to the Grand Hall". I turned to Hannah, who was walking in with us, and said "And they wonder why I don't think you're getting a quality education here."

When I got to work I emailed the principal the following message: Hey there. Just a heads up, for next year you might want to have the teachers print a sign that doesn't say "stairsways".

I will openly admit, her response made me laugh: Howdy,I don't suppose you'd buy into the idea that I put it there to see if you notice?! Kind of like a Where's Waldo....just a thought!

I mean seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

No comments: