Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Love vs. Torture (subtitled: a very fine line)

Jake can be a bully sometimes but he's usually only a bully with kids that are older than him. He is really good with babies which led me to believe he'd be really good with a puppy. Unfortunately that isn't always true. He tends to love Leo just a little too hard. Jake squeezes him too hard and pats him on the head too hard but it's all because he loves him and just doesn't quite understand how fragile a puppy can be.

Tonight Leo, Jake, and I were riding home in the car together. Leo was curled up on the seat next to Jake and Jake was petting him very nicely.

Jake: Mommy, look at how gentle I'm being with Leo.

Me: I see that. Good job.

Jake: Just wait until Hannah comes home and sees how nice I'm being. Usually I torture him!


No comments: