Saturday, April 24, 2010

I REALLY hate doing laundry

Years ago, when Lincoln and I lived in our 3rd floor condo, I promised him that if he did the laundry there I would always do the laundry once we moved into our house.

Obviously I lied.

I hate doing laundry. I don't mind the easy loads like towels and underwear but I really hate the loads where, you know, you have to hang stuff up. That sucks.

Well all day today Lincoln has been slaving away outside. He has either been running errands picking up supplies for the garage or he has been mowing the lawn and cleaning up outside for the Derby party next weekend. So that left me to do this week's laundry. It was the least I could do considering that between loads, while he was outside, I was watching Chelsea Lately and drinking wine.

But then he was done.

And we were all inside.

And the buzzer for the laundry went off upstairs.

Me: Honey, I need you to take over the laundry now.

Link: Why?

Me: BECAUSE I HATE DOING LAUNDRY!

And so he did.

Which is why our marriage works so damn well.

No comments: