Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm still alive

Wow. This is the longest I have ever gone without posting something on the blog.

Yes, I am still alive.

Hannah and Mom flew to Boston and arrived on August 8th. It's so great to have Hannah back and I'm so glad that Mom is here. It was fun showing her the apartment and she has really gotten into making it her own. As much as I have always loved having my parents visit it's nice (for both of us, I'm sure) that she can retreat up to her space if she wants to get away and in the mornings we don't all feel like we're stepping on each other's toes trying to get ready.

Dad arrived in Massachusetts on Monday but won't actually be down to see the house and stay with us until tomorrow. He is teaching up at Ft. Devens for a few days and then will come join us for the next week.

My birthday last Thursday was very nice. I had a nice dinner with Link and the kids, Mom, and Link's parents. Unfortunately, for the first time in my life, this depression that I'm suffering from made me not want to celebrate my birthday. I ALWAYS celebrate my birthday. Heck, I celebrate my entire birthday MONTH. And it wasn't because it was my birthday that I was depressed, it was just a bad couple of days for me.

I'm actually out on a leave of absence from work right now for the next month or two to hopefully help me get back on an even keel. Everything was just getting too overwhelming and I've decided to take a step back for awhile and get thing straightened out. I still see a great psychiatrist weekly and we're working together to find a good medicine combination for me.

I may not write on here as often as I used to. There are a couple sure signs that I'm slipping into a bad spell: not blogging, not opening the mail, and not reading my email. Last week, on my birthday, I had 64 unread emails. That is incredibly unusual for me.

So please don't forget me. Please check back every now and then. I hope to be back to my usual self sometime very, very soon.

God, I hope so.

No comments: